Frequently Asked Questions
Since 1975, TUMI has been creating world-class business and travel essentials that blend flawless functionality with the spirit of ingenuity. The performance luxury brand is designed for people on the move and going places. TUMI is all about forward movement, progress and innovation. Today, TUMI products are sold globally in more than 75 countries, with over 2,000 points of sale.
How does TUMI commit to sustainability?
TUMI is dedicated to building a more sustainable future through the following:
- By designing innovative products
Because TUMI adopts recycled materials and designs products that are built to last, the company has diverted more than 980,000 plastic bottles from landfills.
- By being mindful of their carbon footprint
TUMI is presently working to reduce carbon intensity by 15% and transition to 100% renewable energy by 2025.
- By managing a thriving supply chain
TUMI requires all of its suppliers to meet the company’s standards of fair and responsible business.
- By focusing on their people
TUMI provides their global team with safe working environments and ensures that all are offered the best support, culture and opportunities. Diversity and Inclusion is a key pillar of TUMI’s sustainability pledge.
What makes TUMI's Merge luggage collection special?
The TUMI Merge collection of travel and business essentials from 2020 is remarkable for the use of recycled PET linings made from plastic bottles that would have otherwise been destined for landfills. The products' outer body fabric, on the other hand, is made from surplus post-industrial recycled nylon. On initial production, the Merge collection has led to 214,000 plastic bottles being diverted away from landfills.
How do I set my TUMI lock?
TUMI travel and business bags and luggage come with a new United States Transportation Security Administration (TSA)-accepted combination padlock that is preset to open at 0-0-0 (although the dials may be positioned to display other numbers upon purchase). You can change and reset your combination as often as you like or see fit.
Follow these steps:
- Push button (1) and hold down.
- While holding down button (1), turn the dials (2) to the desired combination, aligning the numbers with the grid line (3).
- Release button (1) to set the lock combination.
- Open the lock by dialing the set combination and pressing down on button (4).
Make sure to keep your combination in a safe and easily accessible place for your future reference.
With the TUMI lock, TSA personnel can unlock your bag using special access codes and tools in the event that a baggage search is required at the airport. The TUMI lock can then be relocked by the TSA without causing damage to either the lock or your bag.
How do I request repair services for TUMI products?
TUMI products are designed and manufactured to exhibit superior quality. In the event that you experience or find issues with your TUMI item, the brand's team of experts will be happy to assess the damage and determine whether or not it is in warranty.
Follow these steps:
- Submit a request for repair online or in a TUMI physical retail store.
- Upon receiving your repair request, TUMI will send you an email confirming receipt. It takes an average of two weeks to complete the entire repair process.
- Accessories are not eligible for repair but will be replaced if they are under warranty.
- International repairs can be submitted online or taken to a local TUMI retail store. However, they will only be serviced in the country where the repair request was submitted.
- Out of Warranty products are still eligible for repairs but the owner will shoulder all repair costs and shipping fees to and from the TUMI repair facility.
- In Warranty products are eligible for complimentary repairs. Owners of products that are less than a year old will be reimbursed for the cost of shipping the item to and from the TUMI repair facility. Owners of products more than a year old and in warranty are responsible for the cost of shipping the item to and from the TUMI repair facility.
What is the TUMI Tracer Product Recovery Program?
The TUMI Tracer Product Recovery Program helps reunite TUMI customers with lost or stolen TUMI items.
Registering your TUMI products is a must for the program. Go to https://intl.tumi.com/tumi-tracer/register-your-tumi and input the required information. You must have a TUMI account to register for the Tracer Product Recovery Program.
What are your payment methods?
We accept debit card, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.